Saturday, September 19, 2009

One Sick Ignoramus

Work is picking up, and Fall tennis is here. I’ve complained twice on this blog about quitting officiating tennis, but I enjoy it more than running. I can’t run yet, and I’m sure I wouldn’t miss it for two months. My knee is improving! I’ve had two Physical Therapy sessions, and my shoulder feels much better. Amazing what exercise can do for an ailing body.


Superior has passed, but I’m surprised I haven’t seen many reports. There are a few good ones, but I’m still waiting to hear about the run from some pals, especially those who had the dreaded DNF. I’m interested in their thoughts on what went right and wrong.


I’ll keep looking for posts and continuing my PT. Before I know it, I’ll be able to run and have a DNF myself. They’re the best sources to learn from, and there’s nothing to be ashamed of, especially on that BEAST—Superior trail!


I finally visited the regular doctor after weeks of feeling unwell. I dismissed it as seasonal allergies, but my condition worsened. Now that my knee pain and shoulder mobility have improved, my lungs and energy levels are lacking. I’m exhausted, but I can’t breathe when lying down and wake up frequently at night.


The doctor diagnosed me with a sinus infection, bronchitis, and a middle ear infection. He also found that my Vitamin D level was low and referred me to a nutritionist. I’m taking four medications, and I expect to feel better by Monday. My head has been an issue since my bike crash, and some believe I was born with it. Regardless, I’m taking medication and looking forward to improvement. Why do men take so long to visit the doctor?


Although I am very superstitious, today is my birthday! So I take all this as a 47th present to myself!


Carry on my friends!


Comments from my original blog - I merged the blogs.


SteveQ
Take care! I frequently get sinus infections and earaches tend to go with them. I never get any meds for it though! Must be the bronchitis that got you the good stuff.  Saturday, September 19, 2009 at 10:06:47 AM CDT
Kel
Happy Birthday Londell!  Hope you are on the mend and ready to get back out on the trails :). Saturday, September 19, 2009 at 2:42:11 PM CDT

Wayne
Sounds like you'll be feeling great in a little while, once the meds do their job. Happy Birthday, eat some ice cream! (Ok, it's now Sunday so eat some today if you missed it yesterday.). Sunday, September 20, 2009 at 1:14:07 AM CDT
Diane
Happy b-day! And feel better soon!  Sunday, September 20, 2009 at 1:03:16 PM CDT
Scott
Londell I feel the same way as you about the reports - last year I loved reading all of the detailed reports for days/weeks after the event. I guess it was too uncomfortable for many to want to re-live in detail. Bummer for the rest of us.  Hope things are going better and better with the knee, hang in there!  Thursday, September 17, 2009 at 8:10:45 AM CDT
Bethk
You are making so much progress. You will be running again in no time and have your own adventures. I agree, I haven't seen any race reports but have heard much about it. They are probably still recovering. Enjoy tennis for now.  Thursday, September 17, 2009 at 7:03:52 PM CDT
Helen
Glad to hear the PT is going well. My shin was improving a lot mid-week but seems worse today. Still, I bring it on myself! The tennis sounds fun - great to mix it up and have other interests.  Friday, September 18, 2009 at 5:17:22 PM CDT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...