I finally took off the bandages! I could’ve done it yesterday, but I was just too knackered. My knee isn’t too bad, but I can’t bend it much past 60 degrees. It’s swollen more than I thought it would be, so I’m still icing it. I’ve only taken a little pain medicine, though. When I did, it was for the right shoulder pain I had left from the bike accident.
I’m starting to walk a bit without the crutch and all the wrapping. Does it feel funny? It’s a bit weak and funny, but more from the swelling than anything. It’s only been 79 hours since the surgery, so I shouldn’t expect much more. I’m still weeks away from running, but at least I can walk! I don’t know how far I can walk, and I’m not worried about that right now.
Today, I can bend my knee 90 degrees. I can now sit normally. There are some arguments, but I can do anything normally. I think I might start walking or light biking by the weekend. It makes me wonder, as I haven’t in the past, should I count walking miles as training miles? I’ve often wondered that. Walking is an integral part of an ultra? So, do you count walks? If you do, which ones? Should they only count if they are over a certain distance or time? What about pace? Casual walks as opposed to brisk walks?
I’m still figuring it out. Since I’ve had the surgery and need to make a slow comeback, I’ll count all the miles as training. The software is for running, biking, and other activities. I’ll just place them under others?
Either way, it's nice to get some movement on the leg. Just taking is slow and easy!
No comments:
Post a Comment