After my recent trip, I have finally adjusted to my return. While it is comforting to be back, I miss seeing my son daily. This weekend and the following two weekends will be 25-30 hour weekends officiating tennis, which will limit my training. Subsequently, I have seven of the following eight weekends with minimal tennis commitments. This is an ideal time to establish a solid base.
I need to determine the 2009 race schedule, excluding Grandma’s marathon. My primary focus is not to make my 25th consecutive Grandma’s Marathon particularly challenging.
Over the past two months, I have made an effort to enjoy running and look forward to the opportunity to do so. However, I encountered difficulties in running 12-minute miles and felt as though I was exerting excessive effort. Could this be attributed to the inclement weather and the additional abdominal instability?
Last week, I resolved to run at least four or seven days per week, ensuring that my pace remained above 10 minutes per mile. Despite my initial apprehension, I anticipated that this would be a challenging endeavor given my recent struggles.
Here is what I accomplished:
Monday: 3.2 miles 9:20 pace Max HR 158
Tuesday: 3 miles 9:57 pace Max HR 165
Thursday: 4 miles 9:15 pace Max HR 153
Friday: 4.2 miles 9:17 pace Max HR 151
To many readers of this blog, a 15-mile weekly run may seem like a mere daily excursion. However, I am delighted and astonished by my recent progress. While Tuesday’s run was particularly challenging, I found it enjoyable. This marks the first time in months that I have experienced a positive outlook towards running. This is in contrast to my lackluster start to 2009, during which I completed 16 runs and accumulated 47.5 miles (with an average pace of 12:10) in January and 10 runs and 37.1 miles (with an average pace of 11:32) in February. Nevertheless, the final week of February was a significant improvement.
I am looking forward to March. That's good!
No comments:
Post a Comment