Friday, November 21, 2008

Run fat boy, RUN!

I attended my annual physical this week. I’ve been working out regularly since November 1 and watching my diet aggressively since November 2. I’ve only run four times in that period, for a total of 12.8 miles in 2 hours and 5 minutes. I’ve also done a lot of other exercises.

  • 269 bike miles over 15 rides (17 hours or just under 18 miles a time on average)
  • 18 walking miles on 7 walks (5 hours and 20 minutes and 2.5 miles a time average); and
  • 18.6 miles on the elliptical over 9 times (4 hours 45 minutes or just over 2 miles a time average)

I averaged 1.6 workouts daily, averaging 1 hour and 20 minutes. For the past 20 days, I worked 2 hours and 8 minutes daily. I feel better and optimistic about my Christmas deadline as I’m not pushing it. I only worked out when I felt like it. The physician reviewed my chart and said I was off the chart obese. We discussed that I’ve been obese for decades. I exclaimed that when I weighed 215 pounds, I ran a 25K in 2:36, completed a 4-hour marathon, and finished the Superior 50-mile in 13.5 hours. He recommended losing at least 87 pounds and ideally 105 pounds.


I know I’m fat, but I didn’t realize I needed to lose over 100 pounds because I’m 35 pounds less than when I ran my 5:45 marathon. Some co-workers pointed out that Jarred Allen of the Vikings and most running backs are also obese. The chart is just a chart. When I was 215, most people thought I was getting too thin and couldn’t imagine losing another 35 pounds to be healthy.


I’m still committed to waiting for decisions until Christmas and working out whenever I want. But after being told I’m so obese, I may need to rethink a lot more than that.


Carry on my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...