Friday, November 7, 2008

Election Day and 47 days!

On November 4th, I cast my vote in a pivotal election that presented me with a challenging decision between two prominent presidential candidates, neither of whom aligned with my political views. While some individuals may perceive the process of selecting a candidate as arduous, I have resolved to write in support of Larry Peterson for the presidency and Don Clark for the Senate, as the choices of Norm, Dean, and Al have left me disillusioned.


In support of this cause, I advocate for the implementation of a tax increase dedicated to preserving clean water. While I acknowledge the potential drawbacks of imposing new taxes, prioritizing the environmental well-being of our planet is essential, particularly in the context of water scarcity. My primary concern lies in the possibility of misallocation of lottery funds, similar to the events that transpired in the 1990s with the LCMR. We must exercise caution and prevent such misuse of these funds.


Despite the challenges and disappointments I have encountered, I remain steadfast in my commitment to the electoral process. While the candidates I have chosen may not represent my ideal candidates, my vote can make a difference and contribute to shaping the future. My work stress has significantly decreased since applying for the SuperTarget position. The long hours and intense stress were taking a toll on me. I was pleasantly surprised to notice a significant drop in my resting heart rate, which had been consistently in the mid-70s, to just 61 yesterday. It’s incredible how stress can impact the body.


This morning, I checked the counter and was delighted to see that it would be 47 days until Christmas. I had hoped that by then, I would have recovered enough to start training for another attempt at the Superior Beast. The time off has given me ample opportunity to reflect on my previous failures and identify areas for improvement.


During the UMTR gathering, I decided that if I were to attempt the Superior Trail 100 again, I would adopt a different training approach. Instead of the usual 2-3 runs a week, I plan to incorporate a midweek speed workout and a Saturday run of 20-45 miles. This approach should provide me with the necessary training and recovery. My best running results have always come from giving my body ample time to rest and recover with solid workouts. However, when you enjoy something so much, it can be challenging to stick to a regular training schedule.


Regardless of whether I decide to pursue the 100, I still have a crucial goal to achieve: completing my 25th consecutive Grandma’s Marathon finish. This year marks the 25th anniversary of my first consecutive finish, and it’s hard to believe that I’m so close to reaching this milestone. This is my sole focus, and I can’t help but wonder what emotions I’ll experience when I finally cross that finish line for the last time.


Carry on my friends, carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...