Reflecting on my recent hill run, I find myself experiencing a sense of regret. Despite my initial enthusiasm, I am currently feeling fatigued and find walking to be an arduous task. My physical activities for the past few days have included a three-mile run on Thursday, a strenuous upper-body weightlifting session on Friday, a 27-mile bike ride on Saturday, and a leisurely walk around the Renaissance Festival on Sunday. Consequently, I have decided to refrain from any further exertion.
While my excitement for the upcoming race has grown, it pales in comparison to the experience I had last year. The race director should be pleased to learn that I have significantly reduced the weight of my drop bags compared to last year. Last year, I overpacked, resulting in excessively large bags. This experience has taught me valuable lessons, and I am determined to make the same mistake less frequently.
Regardless of the weather conditions, I find the daily forecast to be an intriguing aspect of the race preparation. I anticipate rain and do not harbor any concerns about its potential impact, as it would require excessive energy. A fellow ultra runner sustained significant damage to his right hand in a fall and is uncertain whether he will be able to participate in the race or obtain the necessary clearance. I will exercise caution during the next 92 hours leading up to the start of the race, as any unforeseen circumstances could arise.
No comments:
Post a Comment