Some blog readers noticed my Christmas countdown. Today is 100 days until Christmas. Shouldn’t we count down to a race? After all, we’re athletes. I don’t feel athletic. My friends know I’ve had trouble sleeping, headaches, and other ills from overtraining. My back spasms, which took me out of the 100 this year, were likely due to a lack of stretching and improper training. I ran and biked a lot, but not enough weight training, and I didn’t balance my muscles.
So, I’ve decided to minimize running this year. I’ll focus on eating well, repairing, and doing yoga. I feel much better already after 9 days. I’ve lost 3 pounds. I’ll decide on Christmas to try the Superior 100 in 2009. That is my countdown. Commit, plan, train smarter, or send my name to the volunteer list. (or offer the service of a pacer?) or both. Isn't that worth a countdown timer?
No comments:
Post a Comment