Sunday, October 12, 2025

Off to Virginia

At 7:45 AM, we awoke and commenced packing. Packing proved challenging, and we had completed most of it by 9:30 AM. Shelley and I ventured to the grocery store for the first time to stock up on supplies for the days ahead. We returned by 11:00 AM and concluded our packing endeavors. At noon, we resumed our house-hunting expedition.

Several homes fell within the $2 million price range, but once again, they were excessively large and overpriced. However, we encountered a property we were particularly drawn to. It was situated at 1124 Destination Drive, Apex, NC. This was a four-bedroom, four-and-a-half-bathroom, 4,771-square-foot home priced at $2.17 million. The annual association dues amounted to $798, while the property taxes amounted to $1,512. Consequently, they would have approximately $2,300 per month allocated solely for taxes and insurance. I must emphasize the significant financial burden associated with this property. They operate within a different economic framework than I do.

 

By 3:00 PM, Shelley and I embarked on our journey towards Charlottesville, Virginia. We have secured a reservation at the Fairfield Inn and anticipate a mere 70-mile drive to Front Royal in the morning, where we will commence our scenic drive along the Skyline Drive. We arrived at the hotel at 6:45 PM, and I was prepared to retire for the evening. However, Shelley informed me that we had a reservation at the Mazah restaurant. This Mediterranean restaurant is not to my preference. Consequently, we set off, and I inquired about its whereabouts. To my dismay, Shelley told me she didn't know where it was. Therefore, I veered off course and had to navigate around obstacles to reach our destination. While I was reluctant to partake in the cuisine and endure the additional driving, Shelley made her desire abundantly clear.

We returned to the hotel by 8:30 PM, then settled in for some football before retiring for the night. I am experiencing a profound sense of exhaustion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...