Saturday, October 11, 2025

Let the trip begin

 Hey, guess what? My sister, Sheila, whisked Shelley away to the airport at 12:30 p.m. on Friday! She’s on a flight to Raleigh/Durham at 2:30 p.m. to catch up with me. I’ve been away for four weeks, part hanging out with my son and his fiancée. Shelley’s coming for a quick visit before we jet off on a two-week adventure to see the fall colors and visit the grandkids.

The flight was smooth sailing since the weather was cooperating. I was a bit worried earlier this week when a super-strong nor’easter hit the coast. The winds were blowing over 60 mph, and it rained like crazy. This might mess with the weekend, but hopefully, it’ll just be rain.

I picked her up from the airport, and we were back at Jordan’s place by 7:00 p.m. We warmed up some leftover soup and had grilled chicken on ciabatta buns. It was delicious, and Shelley hadn’t eaten since breakfast, so she was ravenous. We were all tired, so we went to bed early.

We woke up bright and early at 7:00 a.m., but Shelley didn’t sleep a wink. She mentioned that her mind is racing and messes with her sleep. Since the bed is a small queen, I practiced sleeping on my side, using only about 2 feet of the bed, so she could have some space. Within minutes, she was snoring, and I didn’t have my earplugs!

We had a light breakfast and then went for a bike ride. We also took a ride to the spot where Jordan proposed to Kira. They were out for a run with LuLu, and she thought the little pouch Jordan had was dog treats. She said it was totally unexpected and was super surprised.

When we got back from biking, we decided to head to Jean’s pumpkin patch before the football games. We snapped some pictures and enjoyed the beautiful setting. I even picked up some vanilla caramel almond/cashew butter. I’m crossing my fingers it’s as good as it sounds! On the way back home, we stopped at a few open houses. There were homes over $2.5 million and over 5,500 square feet, and that price didn’t faze Jordan and Kira. I was totally shocked. For that price, I thought the homes we saw were over the top, and I couldn’t imagine living there.

 

 



We got back, and I was cheering on NDSU as they totally crushed Illinois State 45-17! But, oh no, Shelley was having a tough time with Nebraska’s game against Maryland. It was a real letdown, but they managed to pull off a comeback, winning 34-31 in the end. There was this crazy delay of game penalty when the Huskers were trying to score on 4th and goal late in the game, forcing them to kick the field goal. The defense held Maryland at bay, and they scored a touchdown with just 40 seconds left to win the game!

We decided to grab some Fangs Chinese for dinner. It was okay, but not as good as I remembered! Bummer, because they used to be amazing. Being super tired, we went to bed early, hoping for a good night’s sleep.

It was average and not as I recalled!  Bummer, as they were good in the past.  Being tired, we again turned in early and hoped for a good sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...