Friday, September 5, 2025

On the way back to Tennessee

 It was a great night of sleep. We were awake around 8:30 AM, and Kira texted to say they were heading to eat in Bryson City. I was surprised because he had said they might not leave until after 9:30 AM, so I was getting ready for that departure. They also planned to do some work. Shelley and I hurried, packed, and left by 9:15 AM. We arrived at Bryson City at 9:30 AM and went to La Dolce Vita Bakery to meet them.

I had a sensitive stomach, so I drank a protein shake, and Shelley had a bagel with cream cheese and an egg. While they enjoyed their meals, I took Lulu for a quick walk. Afterwards, Shelley and I went to look for the Artisan and Farmers Market. When we found it, it was disappointing. There was one vegetable stand, a honey seller, and three vendors selling arts and crafts. Shelley, Kira, and Jordan took a short walk through the park while I looked for a bathroom. Stomach issues are really annoying.

Once we reunited, we walked back to Main Street and did a little shopping before getting ready to head out. We were on the road by 11:15 AM. We stopped a few miles later for gas. The drive was very smooth until just west of Chattanooga, where a 13-mile slowdown occurred due to a police stop of a truck, and the narrow shoulder caused a backup.

We reached Nashville at 3:30 PM, and it was nice to get off the road. We enjoyed a conversation with Allison and Eric before the kids got off the bus at 4:40 PM. Once they were all settled, we headed to Jonathan's Grille for dinner. It offered a variety to keep everyone happy. I had the chili and Sheley, and I shared the Philly Beefsteak sandwich. It was average at best and skimpy on the beef.

Afterward, I craved Jeni’s Watermelon Taffy Ice Cream, and since it was nearby, I stopped by and grabbed a pint. As a rainstorm approached, we quickly headed back to Allison’s, where we all relaxed. I watched the Chargers vs. Chiefs football game and then called it a night.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...