We woke up at 8:30 AM and enjoyed the extra rest. Rain fell outside, and the impact of the leaves sounded like a heavy downpour. Shelley read her book and enjoyed her morning tea on the patio. Around 10:15 AM, the rain stopped, and we headed into town for breakfast. We visited Lucy in the Rye. I ordered biscuits and gravy with a cinnamon roll, while Shelley chose traditional eggs, sausage, potatoes, and cheesy grits. Shelley’s highlight was the freshly squeezed orange juice. I tried some and realized it tasted like drinking an orange. My biscuits and gravy were decent but surprisingly spicy, and the gravy had a tan hue.
After breakfast, we explored the town and discovered the visitor center, housed in a charming vintage house listed on the National Register of Historic Places. We were warmly welcomed and received detailed information about the Smoky Mountains. If you visit Sylva, North Carolina, be sure to stop by. I initially took pictures of what I thought was the Jackson County Courthouse, only to realize it is now the town library. Afterwards, we went to the library parking lot and captured some photos of the mountain town.
So, while Jordan and Kira were having lunch and checking into Outland Resort, we decided to take the waterfall tour. It was a bit of a rollercoaster ride! We got lost and ended up on these super winding, zigzagging roads. I’m amazed neither of us got sick. At one point, a guy in a Subaru pulled over to give us directions. We followed his instructions, but I couldn’t help but wonder if I remembered them right the whole time.
We returned to Outland around 4 PM. Lulu ran to Shelley and me, recognizing me immediately. We explored the property, including a walk up the hill to the planned wedding ridge. Later, Jordan and I practiced flying the drone. Mastering the ‘follow me’ feature took time, but I’m pleased with the videos and photos I captured, some of which are shown below.
![]() |
| Outdoor wedding location |
![]() |
| Chalet |
At 5:15 PM, we got into the Tesla and headed to Dillsboro for dinner. We stopped at Innovation Station Brewery and ordered takeout from Haywood Smokehouse. I was surprised by the low prices at the brewery, as a soda cost only $1, whereas most breweries I know charge $4 or more.
After dinner, we briefly explored Dillsboro, but the rain ended our visit. The rain intensified during our drive back to the resort. We rested briefly, but exhausted, we were in our rooms by 7:45 PM. I finished yesterday’s blog post and watched part of the Cowboys-Eagles game before bed.






No comments:
Post a Comment