Sunday, May 18, 2025

Tomorrow - not the Beatles

For some reason, the Jim Croce song "Tomorrow's Gonna Be a Brighter Day" has been in my head.  

And tomorrow's gonna be a brighter day
There's gonna be some changes
Tomorrow's gonna be a brighter day
This time you can believe me
No more cryin' in your lonely room
And no more empty nights
'Cause tomorrow mornin' everything will turn out right

I need to get back into a routine.  All that planning for Shelley's retirement and the related stress have been out of sorts.  

I’ve been busy with yard projects, which have left me sore and tired. I’ve removed buckthorn, replaced edging, cut tree limbs, cleaned the porch, removed old landscape material, mowed the lawn, and more. My right knee hurts, and my leg spasms. I thought it was sciatica, but there’s no pain elsewhere. This discomfort has lasted weeks.

So today I woke up feeling like I was stuck in a loop. It wasn’t a terrible day, but it wasn’t exactly amazing either—just one of those gray days where time seems to drag on and nothing much happens. I went through my usual routine, ticking off tasks, but everything still felt somewhat lacking. We’ve all been there, right? When routine feels like it’s dragging us down, and we’re just craving more energy, excitement, and a sense of purpose. But here’s the thing: it’s already behind us. We can’t change what happened, so all we can do is take a moment to reflect on it and then let it go.

Each day presents new opportunities. Tomorrow may bring a minor triumph or a moment of tranquility that today lacked. The future remains uncertain. Perhaps tomorrow will be the day I establish meaningful connections, complete the project I have been postponing, or simply find a few moments to breathe deeply and smile. Anticipating a better tomorrow does not imply idleness and passive waiting. It entails believing that positive change can be achieved through effort, introspection, and perhaps a touch of fortune. It signifies waking up with determination to make tomorrow slightly better, regardless of how insignificant that glimmer of optimism may be.

I have also been concerned with my anemia.  My cardiac Physician believes my blood loss may be heart-related, since all other internal bleeding issues have been eliminated.  On June 11, I will have a 2-hour scan to see if it is heart-related.  If it is, I'm unsure what to do, and I hope they find the cause.  Seven years with no answer is way too long!

I was invited to photograph Shelley's second cousin's child's softball game. That was fun, and I am pleased with the outcome. Some images are below.
 

 Until next time, carry on my friends, carry on!.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...