My son has been very challenging lately. I'm unsure of the cause, but his behavior reminds me of what I experienced with his mother. Being in North Carolina with him has significantly heightened my stress levels. He complains about everything I do. For instance, he asked me to help degrease his bicycle chains, which need to be rinsed thoroughly with water. When I returned to the garage with the chains in a paper towel and my hands wet, a few water droplets spilled on the floor. He yelled at me, saying, "Just go away, and I will do it myself!" It was only a few drops of water.
Last night, I cooked pizza for dinner. He was in his office, ignoring me, so I left the pizza out for him. About an hour later, he came upstairs, annoyed that I hadn't cleaned up or stored the pizza. He asked if I was going to put it away. While he went for a short run, I went downstairs, packed up the leftovers, cleaned everything, and returned upstairs before he could come back and complain about my breathing.
This morning, I went downstairs and saw him take pizza out of the refrigerator, heat it in the microwave, and eat half of what was left. I took the dog for a walk, and upon returning, he criticized me for using the wrong collar. For breakfast, I prepared yogurt with berries and nuts, but he complained that I chewed too loudly. Feeling upset, I went upstairs and stayed there until he locked himself in his office. Later, I decided to go for a long bike ride to clear my mind.
I have 11 more nights, and I hope I can get through this, which is almost abusive behavior
No comments:
Post a Comment