Sunday, April 13, 2025

Follow the runners

Today, I had the chance to support and take photos of my son and his fiancée during their first 50 K run. It was the Mountains-to-Sea Trail 50 K challenge.  The Bull City Running Company, a local running store, hosts the race. It's a smaller event with about 100 participants and is very well organized.

They woke up at 5:00 AM to head to the race while I cared for Lulu (the dog). When they reached mile 13, I went to the race site, about 40 minutes away, to cheer them on for the second half. I managed to meet them four times before the race ended. At the first stop, Kira was in third place. They were averaging about 30 seconds per mile faster on the return of the out-and-back course, averaging about 10:24 per mile going out and well under 10 minutes per mile coming back.

They finished with an official time of 5 hours, 29 minutes, and 9 seconds, averaging 10 minutes, 21 seconds per mile. Kira finished second, and Jordan ranked in the top 15. It was a great run for both of them!

It was a fun day.  Carry on my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...