Monday, January 27, 2025

Images and outings

I consistently ride my bike every other day. In early January, I took three consecutive days off, which was exhausting, so I chose to alternate my days. During the warmer months, I plan to ride outside and enjoy exercise on my off days. Using Rouvy, makes me quite competitive, and it offers a challenging workout! So far, I’ve traveled 278 miles in about 17 hours, averaging 16.35 miles per hour—quite a good pace. Most rides over the past two weeks have been at least 16 miles, with some exceeding 20 miles. Despite being careful with my iron intake, I haven’t noticed any changes. I will continue to monitor my health and explore ways to improve it.

I have been diligent about my iron intake, yet I haven't noticed any improvement. I will continue to monitor my health and look for ways to improve.

I did get out and test the new camera at a friend's broomball game.  It was my first time seeing Broomball in action.  It was a cold day, but it was worth the experience.  Sample images below.

In case you missed a previous update, we relocated our mom from the Wheatland, North Dakota, farm to All Saints Senior Living in Shakopee, Minnesota, this past August. Her adjustment has not been as smooth as we had hoped, and the expenses are nearing $5,000 per month. We have been researching options and found a new residence for her in Prior Lake, which resembles North Dakota-style housing. We plan to move her there next month, with an estimated monthly cost of approximately $2,900. This lower rent is available through a buydown program, which requires an upfront payment of $17,000. The program will be repaid in roughly 15 months, but it is non-refundable if she passes away. At this rate, her funds should last approximately eight years.

Today, I took my mom to see the snow sculptures at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds. This year, fewer people entered the competition, likely because there has been very little snow, and the weather forecast predicts temperatures will rise to 50 degrees on Wednesday. Interestingly, Florida has already received more snow than Minnesota so far this year! Some images are included below.

  

 

My retirement savings are still on track. I hope this will be a more decisive year for the market, but I worry President Trump will undermine much of the stability. He is not a leader but a dictator who frightens me. I hope we can get through the next few years safely and financially secure.


Until next time, carry on my friends, carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...