![]() |
| LuLu - Australian Shepherd |
On Friday, January 31, I attended the retirement ceremony of my former supervisor, who retired a year after I did. I am retiring at 61, but he is only 55! In my opinion, he needed to retire because of his health and stress, but that’s just a guess. He disliked conflict, and I handled most of the controversial and complex issues for over a decade, shielding him from them. My replacement is more similar to my supervisor and shares many of his qualities. I hope he made the right decision.
On Saturday, I flew with Delta Airlines to Cary, NC. I had plans to work with my son on bikes, build prosthetics, plan his epic trip route, babysit the puppy, and visit. I left my camera equipment at home, assuming there wouldn't be many sightseeing opportunities, as this time of year tends to have fewer activities due to the cooler weather.
The flight proceeded smoothly, but many passengers felt uneasy after two recent air crashes. The most severe incident was a military helicopter colliding with an approaching American Airlines plane over the Potomac River in Washington, DC.
Unexpectedly, on Sunday, I was sore and had difficulty walking, and I felt like heavy water retention was an issue. I rode a bicycle outside for the first year this year for the past three days, 20 miles on Sunday, 30 miles on Monday, and 20 miles yesterday. Today, the forecast is 40 degrees, which may be difficult to ride. I also lifted weights on Monday, so a day off may be warranted.

No comments:
Post a Comment