Monday, July 29, 2024

Old age or dormant lifestyle

Over the past month, I have experienced significant challenges in maintaining my fitness routine. Each day, a new pain manifests with intensity, while an existing pain gradually diminishes. My last workout took place on July 22, seven days ago. Concurrently, my preferred bicycle, the Surly Long Haul Trucker with the BIONX D500 has been unavailable. I am hopeful of its timely restoration, as it allows me to ride with electric assistance without excessive strain.

Furthermore, I have been grappling with stress and demanding work as I prepare to relocate my 81-year-old mother from our North Dakota farm to a new residence in the vicinity. My father passed away on May 6, 2023, while engaged in farm work in a remote location. I refrained from mentioning this earlier due to strained familial relations. I often wonder whether I should have tried to resolve the tension, but I didn't. Raised in a remote area, my parents resided there for nearly five years.

My 80-year-old mother expresses reluctance to leave her long-standing home. However, due to memory impairments, we are compelled to make the move. Her safety is compromised in rural North Dakota. Over the past few months, my sister and I have diligently searched for a suitable new home, provided care for our mother, and prepared for the relocation. The numerous extended drives to North Dakota’s countryside have taken a toll on our emotional well-being.

Save bags and boxes of empty treats

Huge box of unused dog medicine

Recently, we undertook a significant endeavor to declutter my mother's living space. The task proved arduous, and the extent of the hoarding was disheartening. I anticipate that once our mother is settled, the stress will abate, and some of the pain will alleviate. Additionally, I eagerly anticipate the return of my Bionx-equipped Surly bicycle and the resumption of a regular exercise regimen.

Recently, I have commenced attending Minnesota town ball games and reviewing Minnesota Town ball Fields. I have always been an avid enthusiast of townball and its storied history, finding it an effective means of escaping the complexities of my daily life.

Carry on my friends, carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...