Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Long ride

Today, despite experiencing persistent pain, I embarked on a cycling journey. I sustained a severe injury on the outer lower portion of my right calf, accompanied by substantial ankle and foot discomfort on my left side. Given the high temperature exceeding 90 degrees and minimal wind, it was not the optimal day to exert myself. Nevertheless, I carried 50 ounces of water and consumed it entirely.

My ride was 33.84 miles long (2:43:50) and had 1,483 feet of elevation gain.seized the opportunity to identify the most efficient route to the assisted living facility where my mother will reside in a few weeks. The initial 17 miles presented a formidable challenge, yet I managed to conserve battery power effectively. Conversely, during the return journey, I had to rely on the battery for approximately half of the ride. I was particularly impressed by the comprehensive statistics recorded by Bosch during the ride.

Overall, the experience was satisfactory. My ankle and calf exhibited no significant discomfort, and I intend to assess my condition tomorrow morning. Given the inclement weather forecast, I anticipate taking a break from cycling tomorrow. Subsequently, it will be August, and it isn't easy to comprehend that I have been retired for six months.

Upon retirement, I resolved to refrain from obsessing over my weight and experiencing emotional distress in this regard. I will allow things to unfold naturally and evaluate my progress at my upcoming primary care checkup in December. During my April follow-up appointment, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that I had shed 14 pounds over the eight weeks of my retirement. I was delighted by this achievement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...