Annually, Shelley hosts her kids and all the grandkids at Grandview Lodge each July. They always have a blast, and today marks the start of their adventure. We kicked things off yesterday when three little ones were having a blast in the park, while the rest of the gang got ready to head over to Grandview!
On a recent day, Shelley and I accompanied Vera, Faye, and Maeve to Costco to procure provisions for the upcoming week. To our astonishment, the three young girls (ages 4, 7, and 9) proved to be remarkably helpful. However, loading the already-filled car presented a challenge. Despite the difficulties, we completed the task. Unfortunately, Vera was positioned between two watermelons and bags of chips. Fortunately, the remaining distance to our destination was only 12 miles.
Eric, Taylor, Allison, Leslie, Jack, and the Guillory grandchildren had previously visited Roadhouse Brewery until our arrival. At 5:00 PM, we were all checked in and settled for the week. Given the inclement weather, we decided to engage in indoor activities and prioritize rest for the days to come, allowing for enjoyable experiences.
We kicked off the day with a yummy breakfast of French toast, bacon, scrambled eggs, and fruit. Shelley nailed it with the food prep—we only had a couple of French toast slices left after Eric was totally hooked on the eggs! The group hit up the Grandview “north pool” for some fun, while I (Londell) dashed to the store because I’d totally forgotten the spices for the ribs! Shelley gave me a heads-up twice, but I totally spaced. When I got back, I decided to tidy up and chill out.
They got back around 12:00 Noon. Some went for a stroll, others took a nap (both adults and kids), and some got creative with arts and crafts. The little ones were super tired, so it was time for a break.
![]() |
The kids sure love the slides! |









No comments:
Post a Comment