Saturday, April 6, 2024

1st post retirement trip finished

After retiring, I enjoyed a five-week trip filled with bike rides, softball, and spending time with my son. I attended four free University of North Carolina softball games, while Duke University charged $7 for weekend games, so I only attended the free weekday game. I’m trying to stay under budget for the first few years to make the future more manageable. I completed 22 bicycle rides totaling over 300 miles, many of which were on the American Tobacco Trail. I had to shorten some rides because I was babysitting my son’s dog. Here are some images of the games, which were held in great weather.

 The drive home was eventful. In the first 100 miles, I experienced rainstorms, high winds, and tornado warnings. I decided to attempt the whole drive in one day, leaving Cary, NC, at 6:00 AM. The drive is just under 1,300 miles. A significant accident on the West Virginia I-77 tollway delayed my drive. It took me 90 minutes to go 12 miles, reducing my chances of a one-day drive.

I crossed the Minnesota border around 1:00 AM and decided to sleep. I stopped at a rest stop and fell asleep in minutes. I should have stopped sooner. If not for the bad weather and minor traffic issues, I would have made it home by 1:00 AM. I woke at 5:00 AM and headed home. I arrived just before 7:00 AM and went to bed. I only slept until 10 AM, but it was nice to be home. The rest of the day was spent unpacking and cleaning. It was a great trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...