Upon my return from North Carolina, I underwent a dental cleaning and subsequently required a root canal and a new crown. This was a welcome surprise upon my return. The tooth had been causing issues for over a year, so I was not surprised. They were able to schedule the procedure for the next day. The procedure was not particularly difficult, and the permanent crown was placed a week later. I am feeling well, and I hope that this is the last time I need to visit the dentist for a while.
Hey, guess what? I finally got up and took my first morning walk in ages on Friday! It was just 1.3 miles, and it felt so good, but my knee decided to play hard to get and stopped me short. Shelley was thrilled I joined her for a walk here. I bet she really misses Porter for those morning strolls.
Since the back patio was in a state of disrepair, with the steps looking like they’d seen better days, I figured it was time to give it a good clean and replace the steps today. I had to swing by Home Depot to get some new wood, and it was quite the adventure because the steps were over 25 years old. Back then, a 2 x 6 was practically a foot! Now, the two by sixes I had were closer to five and three-quarters inches. They needed to be a bit sturdier to replace a few boards. The job took approximately five hours to complete, resulting in a clean and aesthetically pleasing outcome with sturdy steps. Despite feeling fatigued and unable to engage in a bike ride that day, I managed to accomplish this task.
On Saturday, I attended the St. Thomas vs. North Dakota softball game. The game was highly competitive, with St. Thomas emerging victorious by a single run. Subsequently, despite the adverse wind conditions, I embarked on an 18-mile cycling journey. Strong winds characterized the initial portion of the ride, while the latter portion provided a more pleasant experience. Temperatures reached nearly 90 degrees Fahrenheit, which was an unprecedented occurrence for April in Minnesota.
In recent weeks, I’ve been incorporating weightlifting, elliptical training, cycling, and mindful eating into my routine. I’ve avoided weighing myself to prevent emotional distress. My annual checkup is scheduled for the 22nd, and I expect to see improved vital signs. Stress levels have decreased, and overall well-being has improved. My clothing suggests progress, but time will confirm.
No comments:
Post a Comment