I enjoyed spending time along the East Coast, taking in the sights and enjoying the nice weather. Wilmington has much to offer, especially before the season started. Many businesses were closed, but there were no crowds, particularly in the parking areas. The boardwalk/riverwalk is a great place to spend time.
After a day in Wilmington, I headed up the coast NE to New Bern/Bridgeton. I visited many sites.
 | | Union Point Park |
|  | | Tyron Place |
|
 |
| Lawson Creek Park |
Finding great seafood restaurants was challenging. Unlike Massachusetts or Maine, Google didn’t direct me to the best options. I only saw high-end or fast-food restaurants.
As I ended this part of the trip, I found a local ice cream shop on the way home: Andia’s Ice Cream. It’s a small local shop with three locations in North Carolina. It was good but overly sweet and creamy for my preferences.
When I returned, Jordan was participating in a 100-mile gravel race in Swansboro, NC. We headed to the race on Friday afternoon, but the forecast was not welcoming. We set up the tent at Carteret Speedway in Swansboro, NC, and moved it under a fixed shelter as rain was approaching. Just as we finished setting up, the rain hit. All night, the wind was strong, almost lifting the tent, but only a little driving rain made it into the tent. Fortunately, I had a thick air mattress, so I slept on the concrete under the little roof. The tent still had a slight amount of water from the 35 MPH winds driving the rain under the rainfly, but not enough to cause any issues.
 |
| Still had some energy at the end |
 | | Life-saving storm shelter |
|  | | Finished in the rain - 106.66 miles in 7:01 (officially) |
|
| 
|
Until next time, carry on!
No comments:
Post a Comment