
My employer’s toxicity caused health issues, so I retired 15 months early, as Shelley will retire then. Living the same lifestyle, I’d rather be broke at 90 than dead rich at 70.
I’m unsure how my employer can be blind to employees fleeing. In my division, 90% of employees have been there for less than 18 months, and another division has 80% of its recent hires. A few employees left after 18 months.
My first retirement trip was to Cary, North Carolina, where my son lives. He planned a 150-mile bike race, and I’ll crew for him later this month. I spent a few days with him before heading out on a solo coastal adventure. He’s swamped and needs more time during the week.On March 12, I woke up at 8:00 AM and prepared my tofu meal for the next two days. At 9 AM, I packed and left Cary, NC, for Carolina Beach, a 2.5-hour drive mostly on freeways. I arrived at the campground at 3 PM, giving me time to check the sites.
First, I visited Kure Beach Pier. The sun was bright, the temperature was 70 degrees, and the wind was strong. The waves were moderate. I was fortunate to park and enjoy activities for free until March 15. After reading a few chapters of Running With Sherman by Christopher McDougall. I headed to the end of the road to the Fort Fisher Ferry. I returned to Fort Fisher State Park, a free and lovely beach. I plan to return tomorrow.
At 4:00 PM, I checked into Carolina Beach State Park. I have a secluded site. Check-in was easy since I slept in the car. I decided to hike a local path, but the prescribed burns reduced the scenery.
|

No comments:
Post a Comment