Monday, November 8, 2021

Getting cold, crashed again

I am fully cognizant that we are approaching another winter. The high temperature later this week is expected to be in the 40s. However, the clarity of the season’s holds eludes me as I have read numerous “projections.” One thing is sure, as George Carlin would say, “I guarantee it will get colder followed by warmth in the future.”

I believe the outdoor bicycle season has concluded—not a moment too soon, as I experienced a second crash in two weeks. The first resulted in numerous baby bruises, but this one inflicted some flesh. The pain was less severe than the first one. The positive aspect is that there was no significant damage to the bicycle, and I will recover.


I have the Wahoo Kickr set up with my Surly Long Haul Trucker. I currently have my Zwift account active, and today, I joined Rouvy for six months. I will soon drop the Zwift account. They are solid, and I have many more route options in Rouvy. Here is the last ride data:  https://www.strava.com/activities/6230292557. Rouvy has significantly more data, but how to give public access?


One positive aspect of my life is the reduction in work demands. I feel significantly better with a 48-hour workweek and one weekend day off. I have already accumulated over 2,100 hours at my current rate per year, and this decrease in demand was essential. I have been experiencing burnout, and this change is necessary.


During the last ten days, I cared for the dog while Shelley was in Arkansas, spending time with her new grandchild. While there, she had the opportunity to meet her grandsons. With so many grandchildren, I often contemplate whether we will ever have the chance to engage in activities together again. This is simply the nature of life, not a complaint. The dog and I are accustomed to being alone in the large house.

 

Deacon

Sawyer


I hope you all stay healthy, happy, and wise.  


Carry on my friends, carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer vanishes

The summer vanished in a blur of relentless caregiving for Shelley and constantly entertaining the grandkids. Shelley hosts what is called C...