Sunday, February 10, 2019

Snow like no other!

Residing in the state of Minnesota, which I hold dear, for over two decades, I can confidently assert that it ranks among the most desirable states to call home. Despite occasional complaints from residents about the severity of winters, each season in Minnesota has its unique charm and allure.

Winter, in particular, presents a captivating spectacle. The quiet snowfall, the countryside transformed into a pristine white expanse, and the enchanting ambiance of a white Christmas create an unforgettable experience. However, it is undeniable that Minnesota winters can be challenging.

Last month, the temperatures plummeted to a wind chill of approximately -60 degrees, a truly extreme condition. Subsequently, a remarkable 97-degree swing occurred within three days, with temperatures reaching 37 degrees. Furthermore, the absence of snow for several decades has been a notable deviation from the norm, as evidenced by the recent snowfall in the past two weeks.

Despite these challenges, the anticipation of spring instills a sense of optimism and renewal. The prospect of warmer weather and the eventual return of snow fills me with hope and excitement.

Approximately two weeks ago, I contracted the flu, which incapacitated me for six days. The severity of the illness has increased each year. Is age a contributing factor?

Following my recovery from the flu, I have resumed light exercise. I have been able to complete two 6-mile bicycle rides each week. While the weather presented challenges, I am grateful for my efforts. I arrive at my destination 20-30 minutes each week, with the hope of improving my overall well-being.

I recognize that engaging in physical activity has a positive impact on my mood. However, it can be challenging to maintain motivation due to the demanding nature of my job. It is challenging to perform at my best daily and support the mental fortitude to resist the urge to seek solace until the end of my workday. Nevertheless, I must remember that our daily responses to them can determine whether we have adverse experiences.

I am still alive and well, with aspirations for a brighter future.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...