For 2017, I hit 1,763 miles, and for 2018, it was 1,659 miles. That seems pretty low, and I’m wondering if I should have been tracking more miles since my bike computer shows over 4,000 miles and is two years old. So, based on the data, I’m almost halfway to the 2017 and 2018 totals, which sounds like a fantastic achievement! I’m really crushing it this year compared to my 760 miles in 2016. I could do even better, though. The mind can be a real challenge to battle! I’ll keep going and hope we get some rain soon.
Due to the flooding, my commute to work is almost 18 miles one way. It’s 13 miles through the Old Cedar Avenue bridge route, but that route is about 10 feet underwater on the Burnsville, MN side. I wait, and, of course, add 10 miles to my daily commute. That means I’ve already added 190 extra miles today, as I finished my 19th commute. There’s a chance the floodwaters will recede next week, but we have heavy rain forecasted for two days later this week.
I’m still struggling with fatigue, primarily because of anemia. I’m getting infusions less often, but I can tell when things start to get bad because four hours of sleep is a good night when I’m low on iron. After the infusions, I sleep like a baby and feel much better! I wish we could figure out exactly what’s going on.
Anyway, I’m still alive and doing better. Increasing the miles is nice, but the weight and body stiffness are still issues. Time will help with those, as long as I keep exercising, so I definitely can’t give up anytime soon.
Carry on my friends, carry on!
Comments from my original blog - I merged the blogs.
wildknits said
Londell, That is impressive mileage for 2019! Especially as this has been a harder winter/spring than in recent years. I am sorry to hear they still don't have any answers for you to explain the anemia and your ongoing health issues. That can be draining both mentally and physically. I am sure you have been fully worked up and checked for issues like Celiac (it can cause weird symptoms, including unexplained anemia: https://celiac.org/about-celiac-disease/symptoms-of-celiac-disease/ Monday, May 13, 2019 at 11:49:00 PM CDT

No comments:
Post a Comment