Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Time escapes faster as I get older!

It has been some time since I last posted, and I am uncertain as to why. Life has been quite busy, and I have neglected my writing responsibilities. I am eager to regain my writing momentum and establish a consistent writing schedule.

Last year, I set a goal to reduce my work hours. I successfully achieved this goal, with my average workday decreasing from 7.0 hours in 2016 to 7.1 hours in 2018. While this may seem like shorter workdays, it represents the average daily hours over the course of 365 days. Notably, I do not receive overtime pay despite a nearly 20% reduction in staff.

In November, I purchased a new car. While I did not require a new vehicle, I had never owned a car for comfort purposes. My previous cars were primarily used for transportation, and I had owned a few Smart cars that were under $15,000 and enjoyable to drive. I decided to invest significantly more in a vehicle, opting for a smooth-driving model with advanced features and excellent fuel efficiency. The car I purchased is a Kia Niro Touring Edition, a hybrid that provides approximately 50 miles per gallon.

So, health-wise, I had a bit of a rough patch over the holidays. I was dealing with chest issues for two whole weeks. Finally, on Christmas Eve morning, I popped into urgent care and found out I had pneumonia. They put me on a bunch of medicines that were a bit of a rollercoaster for my system. It took weeks to feel like myself again. I was a little worried because I had planned a trip to Texas to see Jordan and catch the FCS National Championship game. Plus, I was bringing him tons of stuff, so I drove.

The trip was definitely tiring, but it was also a blast. I was in care for just over 6 hours a day for the whole six-day trip. I even joined the Bison migration, which was a fun app. The game was absolutely unforgettable. NDSU beat Eastern Washington 38-24, but there were definitely some nail-biting moments. Jordan and I had a fantastic time. It was great because I haven’t seen him as much in the past few years, but that’s just part of growing up and kids getting busy with their own stuff.



In an effort to reduce my reliance on driving and increase my cycling activity, I have decided to purchase a fat-tire bicycle, specifically the Juiced Ripcurrent S. While the bicycle is expected to arrive in approximately one week, I anticipate being able to ride it in February. 


So, in general, it is the same old, same old.  I am alive with little time for relaxation!


Carry on my friends, carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...