Monday, March 26, 2018

SLOW progress and I hate my job

In February, I anticipated an improvement in my health, as I had undergone comprehensive scans that revealed the absence of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) and Pulmonary Embolisms. Consequently, I discontinued the use of blood thinners. However, within a few weeks, I experienced debilitating pain in my right leg, which was subsequently diagnosed as DVT. I resumed administering blood thinners. Regrettably, this situation has been challenging. Additionally, I am scheduled for another full heart scan in the near future, as this remains a concern.


My iron levels have remained stable. To maintain this stability, I have been consuming a Tofu/rice meal supplemented with four tablespoons of organic Blackstrap Molasses daily. While this regimen is somewhat monotonous, the combination is exceptionally rich in iron.


I have eagerly anticipated the opportunity to engage in bicycle riding this year. However, the prevailing weather conditions have been consistently cold and unfavorable. I recall the last instance when I had to endure a prolonged wait, extending well into April, before I could resume riding. In February 2017, I completed over 50 miles; in March 2017, I covered 110 miles; and in April, I surpassed 200 miles. Regrettably, this year, I will be forced to wait until the middle of April before experiencing favorable riding weather. This is a significant setback.


Besides my health, the weather, and work, which is painful, work is a significant part of my life. I once loved my job and viewed it as a positive experience. Now, I feel completely trapped in it! This has made life less rosy. Working a disliked job harms my health, outlook, and attitude. I must stay positive. Even though I sometimes feel like I’m in a soul-sucking nightmare, I try to find something positive in it. What can I gain?


One benefit is my ability to tolerate stupidity and greed. My daily job duties leave me feeling groggy and sighing uncontrollably. Many people drive me insane, and I’m one snide remark away from flipping over the conference room table. Of all the things I hate about my current position, I try to remember that those annoying and cringeworthy moments are helping me master the critical trait of tolerance. I know there’s no such thing as a “perfect job.” I’m getting remarkably close to that elusive position, RETIREMENT. So, my refined patience and tolerance will come in handy—even when I finally break free from this terrible job.


There’s a lot to be said for a strong sense of commitment. When I think about it, who’s more committed than someone who shows up to the office day in and day out, even though they know they’re in for eight to ten hours of pure misery? Very few. However, I am committed. I have a job to do and will do it well, which is a matter of pride and loyalty. However, the most important thing is that I continue to show up and do my best work, without letting my negative emotions bring me down. Trust me, dedication is a quality that any employer should admire. But this is a new generation, and most employers see everyone as expendable if the greed (shareholders) is not satisfied.


I firmly believe that you learn something new every day, even if it’s something you hate. This detested job is an opportunity to figure out what I want (and, okay, what I don’t want) in my next position. Misery is an influential teacher. My current situation is far from ideal—sometimes, it takes the pain to reach the retirement position I would enjoy. But at the very least, I remember that I am learning a lot about what I should avoid. That information will undoubtedly be helpful as I approach retirement.


I understand. Putting up with the job may kill me before I retire, but it’s the best way to achieve a stable retirement. The situation is often intolerable. But I take a deep breath and remind myself that I am gaining something from this position. Even death is something.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...