Friday, March 30, 2018

First ride to work

I embarked on a bicycle ride on Saturday, six days ago, covering a distance of 20.16 miles. It was a pleasant ride, but my backside was feeling the pain. On Sunday, I attempted to ride again but managed to cover only four miles before giving up. My bottom definitely needs some seat conditioning!


I had high hopes for this week, but the weather was freezing. With the wind chill, the temperature dropped below 20 degrees. Despite gaining enough padding to stay warm, it was not enough. On Wednesday, the temperature was around freezing, so I decided to go for a ride. I was able to maintain a steady pace, even though I had to be cautious of potential ice. I covered 17 miles in just under an hour. There were two locations where ice posed a challenge, and one mud hole!


The ride home was challenging. There was a slight breeze, and I was exhausted. This was only my fourth ride of the year, and I was struggling. However, I managed to maintain a pace of nearly 17 MPH for the ride home. So, I covered a total of 34 miles for the day and felt good about it. On Thursday, the temperature was 24 degrees, and it felt like 10 degrees. I am wondering if the winter will finally end!


I am eagerly looking forward to riding more. That’s a great feeling!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...