Wednesday, January 24, 2018

One step up and two back?

I tried! Really, I tried. 

I failed! I really failed.

I began working out to address my health issues. I didn’t overdo it; I only went three days a week, using the elliptical or indoor cycling machine. It was challenging but refreshing, although I gradually felt more fatigued. I consulted a physician, who referred me to another doctor. This doctor then referred me back to the Ear, Nose, and Throat specialist who performed my surgery about six years ago. He examined me and revealed more information than I was prepared to learn.

I discovered that an untreated sinus infection can lead to bronchitis, worsening asthma, and chronic coughing. Oh, so that’s why I’ve been feeling unwell? He explained that persistent infection causes swelling, obstruction, and mouth breathing of the nasal membrane. Nasal congestion can also cause snoring and lead to sleep apnea. I was aware of these issues.

The acute sinusitis I neglected to treat resulted in a low-grade chronic infection. The presence of nasal polyps complicates the treatment of sinusitis.

Here’s the unfortunate part. My sinuses have been causing me immense misery. I’ve experienced pressure, pain, drainage, and difficulty breathing. I’ve also learned that this could be the reason behind my stomach pains. As my sinus pressure affected blood circulation to my eyes, I’ve been experiencing sudden, patchy, blurred vision and even blindness. My sinus infection has spread into the bloodstream, impacting the brain and eyes.

My respiratory system was already weakened due to the Pulmonary Embolisms. Excess mucus production, which is significant, drains. This excess mucus irritated my digestive system, leading to nausea and loose stools.

I understand that this is quite personal information. I know I need to take control of my situation, find the courage to move forward, and make progress. Am I a weak individual?

I need to remember my tennis philosophy. In tennis, losing a single point doesn’t mean the end of the world. It happens to even the best players. If I can consistently win a few more points than I lose, I’ll succeed. I’ll be ahead of the game with healthy eating and regular exercise if I consistently outpace my setbacks. If I expect perfection (and many of us do), I’m setting myself up for disappointment and guilt. With my medical issues, I don’t need that to develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...