Friday, December 11, 2015

Irave and Irant but not about irac

Christmas, a compound word meaning Christ’s Mass, has been known by various names throughout history, including “midwinter,” “Nativity,” “Yule tide,” and “Day of Birth.” Recently, a workplace incident involving a “Ugly Sweater” contest led to a formal complaint of inappropriate behavior. As a result, the sweaters are now only referred to as “Holiday” sweaters. This incident highlights the absurdity of some people’s reactions to seemingly trivial matters.


Life has been a struggle for the past few months. I’m nearing 300 pounds and need to control my weight. Stress is high, and happiness is low. I’m having issues with people and carrying those issues on my shoulders. When you think you did well and everyone criticizes you, it makes it hard. Life isn’t fun right now!


I have a loved one who is struggling, and another adult is being rude and mean without reason. How can one person hurt another? Some things are beyond our understanding. I’ve also observed unnecessary killings, including terrorist attacks on innocents. I wonder if these acts contribute to a sense of apathy. For instance, the police killing of a young man in Chicago, portrayed as unjustified by the press, has made me question whether such acts desensitize people to violence.


It is concerning to note that if the individual in question had simply repeated the actions of others, including the police, the police would not have taken action. This raises questions about the extent to which social media and the press influence public perception and contribute to a culture of violence.


In a previous post earlier this year, I reported that I have more acquaintances who committed suicide in one year than I had known throughout my entire life. The reasons behind this phenomenon remain unclear, and it is unlikely that anyone will ever fully comprehend the complexities involved.


On a rainy afternoon yesterday, I pondered the reasons behind my current state of mind. I had never experienced such a profound sense of unhappiness before. I was known for my unwavering optimism, which often left others feeling overwhelmed by my unrealistic ambitions and perpetual cheerfulness. In particular, I was troubled by the feeling that life had passed me by, a sentiment that instilled a profound sense of fear within me.


When individuals are unhappy, they tend to engage in excessive contemplation about life. When their job is unfulfilling, they become disengaged and unhappy, often resorting to aimless browsing and generally lacking enjoyment in their surroundings.


When individuals are passionate about their work, studies, or hobbies, they become fully present, immersed in the experience. They are present but not preoccupied with thoughts, leading to happiness. They don’t seek escape; time is perceived as valuable and meaningful.

What can one do? First, slow down, avoid social media, and immerse oneself in the real world. I’ll try this and hope it leads to a happier 2016. 

Carry on my friends, carry on!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...