Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Budget Rent A Car - Use caution

Two weekends ago, I rented a car from Budget Rent-A-Car instead of Enterprise. I found a better rate by pre-paying. While the pick-up and drop-off locations were more convenient, I chose Budget. I arrived 30 minutes early and asked to wait until the rental visit. The worker agreed, and I left 15 minutes early. He offered again, but I declined.


I returned the car 90 minutes early the next day and noticed a 70% increase in total charges on my credit card. I questioned this, and they responded: “There was no issue.”


After reviewing our records carefully, we have determined that this happened in your case.  
When your rental circumstances changed and you returned sooner than 24 hours, 
a different rate (that accurately met your new rental parameters) was applied to your contract.  
We are sorry for any miscommunication or inconvenience.

I returned a car early, and the rental fee increased by 70%. If I had returned four hours early, the fee would have been lower. Budget Rent-A-Car often adds sneaky fees for returning cars early. I’d hate to see what happens if I was two minutes late.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...