The vacation started out well, but it just kept getting worse. The worst part was early in the trip. I was within seconds of seeing a bicyclist get killed by an alcohol-impacted driver. It was in the mountains near Golden, Colorado. I felt sick as they worked on the innocent bicyclist for at least 15 minutes, and it only looked worse. Read about it here.
The axle of the car I was driving fell off within 10 miles of careening down a mountain with significant drop-offs. If the axle had not held as long as it did, I would undoubtedly be at the bottom of some ravine and, I am sure, dead.
For some reason, I am growing more distant from those I care about most and closer to those I do not care for. It is such an odd experience. It is easier to hide the intense pain I am experiencing from those I do not know well.
Another downer is I recently found out a perfect friend has stage 4 colon cancer. He had stomach pains for a while and even had his appendix out recently. Then, this was discovered. He is working hard to get the house ready to sell and make sure his wife is going to be OK after he passes. Just heartbreaking to see such great people stricken with this grief and a short time to live.
On the Mount Evens trip, I was able to take some snapshots of some critters as well!
Carry on my friends, carry on!




No comments:
Post a Comment