This blog seems repetitive. My high-stress job is taking a toll on me, and I can’t seem to stop declining. I’ve tried various methods to reduce stress, but it just keeps piling up. I’m deeply concerned about the long-term impact on my health and lifespan. I’ve experienced six of the nine effects listed below.
On Sunday, I learned that the man who hired me and mentored me in the profession passed away from a massive heart attack. He, like me, carried his job on his shoulders, physically and mentally. He lived and breathed his job. He enjoyed retirement, and it felt like he had a new life. Despite being retired for five years and having little stress, a heart attack claimed his life.
I’ve mentioned my chest pain and arm tingle to the Doctor a few times. It’s not a real tingle, but more like a lightning bolt zipping from my shoulder down my fingers. The Doctor checks everything out, and it’s not anything to worry about. Just keep an eye on my heart. But still, I feel like I’m about to die. I’m really scared of dying from stress.
I’ve said it before: There are some things I can do to keep my job from getting worse. I’ve known for a long time that I should eat healthier and exercise more. I also know a few things about reducing job stress and living a longer life. But do I actually do them? No way! I’m working 65-hour weeks and feeling pretty burnt out, which is about to get even worse.
You know, one thing I really miss is having a wingman—or, you know, wingwomen! When things get tough, a wingman can really help me push through obstacles and ease the stress. Lt. Col. Rob “Waldo” Waldman, who’s a decorated combat fighter pilot for the Air Force and the author of “Never Fly Solo,” once said, “Teamwork and trust are super important for fighting off the missiles of fear, change, and risk that can knock even the best people off course.” My last excellent wingman (woman) was Dana. Life hasn’t been the same since she passed away! I’m feeling pretty alone and have no one to lean on at work or in life.
It’s like being all alone at night during a 100-mile run. You can’t just stop because that could be dangerous too!

No comments:
Post a Comment