Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Is no 31st Grandmas depressing?

In light of my recent experiences, I am contemplating whether I will be able to complete the 31st consecutive Grandma’s Marathon. Having participated in the event for 30 consecutive years, I have reached a point where I lack the motivation to even attempt the 31st. Additionally, I am currently in the most physically unfit condition of my life. Furthermore, my heart issues and high stress levels have made life increasingly challenging.


I have noticed that when individuals experience negative self-perception, those close to them often become critical and exacerbate their feelings of inadequacy. It is possible that I am interpreting the words of support as criticism.


Today, I encountered a compelling story that prompted me to reflect on various aspects of life. The story centered around a teacher addressing his middle school class.


She explained that a cruise ship had an accident at sea.  On board were a couple who, after reaching the lifeboat, realized there was only space left.  No way could both be saved.


At that moment, the man pushed the woman aside and jumped into the lifeboat to save himself.  The wife stood on the sinking cruise ship and shouted only one sentence to her husband.  The teacher asked the class, “What do you think she shouted?”


Answers such as “I hate you” and” Why are you doing this to me?” “Please don’t leave me,” etc.…  Throughout the angry sentences, a quiet boy was in the back of the room.  The teacher quieted the class to get the silent young man’s attention and answer her.  He replied, “Take care of our child.” 


The teacher looked surprised and said, “Have you heard this story before?” He replied, “No, that is what my momma said to my dad before she died from a disease.”


The teacher said he was right.  The man went home and raised their daughter.   It turned out that the cruise was the last vacation for the mother, who was dying of a terminal illness.  The father wrote in his diary,” How I wished I could have sank to the bottom with you, but for the sake of our daughter, I could only let you live and die alone in the sea.”


The moral of the story is that, despite the presence of good and evil in the world, many complications lie behind them, making them difficult to comprehend. Therefore, it is advisable to focus on the surface and judge others only after gaining a comprehensive understanding of their circumstances.


Individuals who pay for meals at restaurants do so not because they are wealthy but because they prioritize friendship over material possessions.


Those who offer assistance do so not because they owe you anything but because they perceive you as a genuine friend.


Individuals who engage in texting with you do so not because they lack alternative pursuits, but because you hold a significant place in their hearts.


This observation prompted me to reflect on the primary criticism I receive from most of my close friends and loved ones regarding my unwavering dedication to my professional endeavors. Those who demonstrate initiative in the workplace do so not because of a lack of intelligence, but instead because they understand the concept of accountability. I was raised with an exceptional sense of responsibility.


I often wonder whether my sense of responsibility acts as a catalyst for my success or hinders my progress. While responsibility is an essential aspect of life, the extent of my commitment can be detrimental to my personal growth. I have lost touch with my true self and the unique contributions I can make to this world.


The fear of the unknown has become a formidable obstacle, preventing me from moving forward and embracing new opportunities. I have a history of engaging in excessive exercise, becoming an overachiever, consuming excessive amounts of fiber, vitamins, and caffeine, and experiencing excessive anxiety. I am plagued by self-doubt, fearing potential neglect of my emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual well-being.


Despite my persistent search for harmony between my heart, intuition, body, and mind, I am grappling with a sense of hopelessness. However, I am determined to find peace and emotional stability.


Carry on my friends, carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...