Tuesday, August 26, 2014

More and the MoJo is missing

The world was my oyster. I was full of energy. I didn’t have excessive responsibilities. My mojo cup was filling up.


How’s my cup looking? I’m older, promoted, and have survived lawsuits, yet I feel depleted. I’m overweight, tired, milky, and have little free time. I looked like a plump squirrel, and my life changed with the loss of my 38-inch waist. My mojo is gone. This year alone, nine people I know have committed suicide. What’s going on?


“Mojo” originates from an African language and is associated with magic and spells for luck and power. Today, it still means vigor, energy, sexual potency, and power. An Austin Powers movie was about his lost mojo and his desperate search to find it. He discovers it’s within him all along. I feel depleted, overwhelmed, stressed, frumpy, tired, bored, or lethargic, which means I’ve lost my mojo.


It is challenging to regain motivation after experiencing a loss of enthusiasm. However, I cannot sustain this state indefinitely, as it may escalate into a severe depressive episode. Implementing minor life modifications can unleash the transformative power of motivation, enabling me to experience increased energy and a renewed sense of self-assurance and appreciation for the world around me. Nevertheless, I acknowledge the tasks that require my attention but find myself procrastinating.


Addressing stress is paramount. I am currently overwhelmed and experiencing frequent chest discomfort and difficulty breathing. I must alleviate this burden by identifying and addressing the source of stress before taking any other action. Unfortunately, family and friends have placed excessive demands on my time, and I must pinpoint the underlying reasons and take decisive action. I am aware that a few aspects of life justify the physical and emotional toll of chronic stress, yet it has persisted for an entire year. 


To regain my creative momentum, I must prioritize activities that foster a sense of enjoyment and fulfillment. While fun is often undervalued, it is an indispensable component of a robust creative spirit.


Currently, I am experiencing a period of creative stagnation. I have attempted to recall instances of past enjoyment, but my memory is failing me. This situation is concerning.


To combat this, I propose taking a physical break from electronic devices and engaging in activities that stimulate my mind and body. When I feel a dip in my creative energy, it is tempting to retreat to the comfort of the television or computer. However, once seated, it becomes challenging to regain my focus. Instead, I should seek out inspirational or motivating literature to reignite my creative spark.


In summary, my creative mojo is currently lacking, and I must take immediate action to address this issue. I must actively work to regain my creative flow, but after a few months, I continue to experience lethargy, fatigue, or a general sense of malaise. I am considering seeking medical advice to explore potential underlying causes of this decline in creativity. These causes could range from physical deficiencies, such as low iron levels, to emotional factors.


Ultimately, I must take decisive action to reclaim my creative abilities and restore my sense of wonder and inspiration.


All you quiet dreamers, carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...