Some individuals never have the opportunity to complete a marathon, which is a foot race of 26.2 miles. According to the record books, only 0.5 percent of Americans have finished a marathon. In 2011, there were 551,811 marathon finishers in the United States. It is also stated that the average person trains for 40 miles weekly for the marathon. If I were a novice, I would concur with this statement.
However, after participating in more than 60 marathons or races of greater distance, I discontinued my training and ran one marathon annually. This has been going on for over 30 consecutive years, starting in June. If I am successful, it will be a positive outcome. If not, it won't be very pleasant. For more than half of my life, I have been undertaking this annual trek. I am contemplating quitting, but I am also determined to continue. I find it challenging to comprehend human behavior.
It has been over a month since I last updated this site. Humans often have noble intentions, but they rarely achieve their goals. This may be a common occurrence, but it concerns me. Is this a result of embarrassment that I am not making progress? Is it a consequence of being preoccupied? Is it a product of excessive thoughts and a lack of organization? One aspect of me believes that life is indifferent to our endeavors, so why bother writing? Regardless of the outcome, any effort is preferable to inaction.
My relationship remains essentially unchanged. I’m not sure why we keep going, but she works different hours. I usually leave for work around 7:00 AM, and she leaves at 9:00 AM. I get home around 5:30, and she’s home around 7:00. I’m not a fan of eating dinner at 8:00 PM, and she loves to cook. On weekends, she used to enjoy working on the lawn, and I wish there weren’t a lawn to maintain. I’m also unsure what happens during intimate moments. She always complains of being sore, and her face appears as though she’s in pain. It makes everything less enjoyable. Of the last six times, she was in pain three times and laughed when we finished. That’s great for her ego! I don’t understand her!
For the past few months, I’ve been following a specific diet: no dairy, no gluten, and very little processed food. I feel better, but I’m not sure if I’m losing much weight. I haven’t weighed myself since April 13, when I was 289 pounds. Gaining 289 pounds of fat was really tough. I’ll weigh myself next week to see what I’ve lost. It could be happy or sad, but I expect something in between. I’ve been working hard and dieting hard, so I’m just wondering if it’s all worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment