Thursday, December 15, 2011

Tuscobia - here I come to volunteer

Despite having limited time for exercise this year, I have been delighted and fulfilled by volunteering to assist those who wish to participate in the Tusobia 50K, 75M, and 150M races. While I am uncertain about the number of runners, Bill and I will be stationed at one of the events.


On Friday, I took a leave of absence from work, resulting in a 36-hour workweek, which is nearly half of the average annual workload. This extended break has left me feeling indolent, as I have neglected my workout routine. Although I had meticulously planned my workouts, the absence of a consistent schedule has proven to be challenging.


Tennis officiating has been an integral aspect of my life, and this week marks the commencement of a new phase where I will relinquish my responsibilities. It is akin to ending a 12-year relationship, and as unconventional as it may sound, the transition has been arduous.


Incorporating exercise into the holiday season presents additional difficulties, especially since it is not a habitual practice. I intend to make the most of my available time and find ways to stay active.


I recently watched the Biggest Loser finale, and the at-home winner appeared to be in poor physical condition. The season was generally unengaging, and I regrettably missed a significant portion of it. Anna K. was not an effective trainer, and Bob remains the undisputed champion.


As we approach the week before Christmas, I am reminded of a task that I am obligated to complete. While the exact nature of this task eludes me at present, I am inclined to believe in the power of Santa Claus and hope that the tree will be filled with presents, thereby absolving me of the responsibility. I will consider this matter further.


During my marriage, I relied on the assistance of others for the care and maintenance of various tasks. Over time, I have developed a habit of delegating these responsibilities, which is evident in the numerous hours of home videos I am currently converting to DVD. As I reminisce, I am reminded of the challenges I faced during that period. While I cherish the memories of my marriage, I acknowledge that circumstances have changed, and I am now ready to embrace a new phase of life. However, the allure of a run remains irresistible.


As stated by Socrates, "As for me, all I know is that I know nothing."


Carry on my friends, carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...