Sunday, January 16, 2011

Blog Time Off

Blog posts are rare due to our busy schedules and upcoming changes.


Life is challenging for many, but I’m grateful for my blessings. However, significant changes are on the way. First, I’m moving from Bloomington to Apple Valley, leaving me with only a weekend free from tennis or work in late May.


My health and wellness are my biggest concerns. I thought my surgery in May would improve my condition, but my infection, which caused my surgery in May 2010, has returned. Despite taking strong Black Box Warning Medications, it has persisted.


I finished a round of four different medications five days ago. While on them, my chest was clear, I felt solid, and my head felt fine. After a few days without, the negative impacts returned. I’ve decided not to share my struggles with friends and followers. In reality, I’m fine but limited.


I am going to continue to work with the doctors and try to beat this, whatever it is. I know that being on heavy-duty antibiotics for two weeks, then taking a three-week break, followed by two weeks on and another three to four weeks off... I have just been in that cycle for eight months, and the end is not clear.


This is an update and a sign-off from posting on this blog. May we survive this winter, and may my spring be filled with success in overcoming this persistent infection. Working a 40-hour week for a month would reduce stress, but my commitments require more than 75 hours a week. At my full-time job, where I’m grateful to be employed, we’re in a hiring freeze due to staff shortages. I’m overwhelmed at work, and missing a day means I fall behind, so I end up working extra 15-hour days to catch up.


May we all be blessed with good health and wellness as we endure a difficult time. I am signing off, and I hope to be back in a few months.

Carry on, my friends.

Comments from my original blog - I merged the blogs.


Beth
Wishing you good health and happiness while you take some time off from your blog. Hope warm weather will find you finished with that blasted infection and less stressed. Take care!!  Sunday, January 16, 2011 at 9:13:30 PM CST
wildknits
Really sorry to hear you are still dealing with that infection!  I think you are right—reducing your stress would aid in healing. And I know this can be the hardest thing to do when you need to make ends meet.  At our clinic we often tell folks that if they could just take time to rest at the beginning of an illness they would recover faster. One of the hardest prescriptions to follow!  Hang in there, good luck with the move, and don't forget your probiotics! (after being on all those antibiotics;->).  Monday, January 17, 2011 at 8:33:15 AM CST
SteveQ
Yikes. I really hope you get better soon and I see you somewhere on the trails this year.  It's common for people who blog to feel they should only say positive things and keep whatever's not right in their lives to themselves. I battled with that idea and found that writing actually helped me. Write when you're ready; we'll be here when you come back.  Tuesday, January 18, 2011 at 10:12:27 AM CST
Mike W.
Take care of yourself, get healthy, blogging will be there when you are ready as will running. You can only juggle so many things at one time, adding in more just adds stress even if what you add is supposed to reduce stress.  Now that you are moving to Apple Vally, Lebanon Hills, Murphy and Terrace Oaks are closer. Hope to see you on the trails, Friday, January 21, 2011 at 9:31:09 AM CST

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...