Annually, I meticulously organize my photo files. While I capture approximately 3,000 photographs with my digital camera, I ultimately retain only about 500. As I sift through numerous cherished images, I am delighted to share a few that resonate deeply with me, not only for their aesthetic appeal but also for the narratives they convey.
![]() |
| Colorado sunset |
Another year’s end is here, and time flies when you’re having fun, right? As I approach 2011, I’ve got a few questions that might have some answers. I’m almost 50, and I can’t help but wonder why everyone seems to be getting older around me.
Why do people call 50 the Middle Aged? Does that mean I’ll live to be 100? I doubt it! If I’m only as young as I felt when I was 50, how come I have all these worn-out parts? If I get my parts updated, will I become the Man of Steel? And why do I keep asking this body to hurry up when, in reality, I’m slowing down?
I have questions as I reflect on the past year and many past years. Although I can honestly say I have learned a few things about life in general:
- No matter how bad someone treats you, they are human, and we must learn to forgive.
- I cannot solve all my problems, so I must stop trying to solve other people's problems.
- Always put a "No Trespassing" sign above your "welcome" mat.
- Worry works; everything I worry about seems not to happen.
- If I pluck all my gray hairs so as not to become gray, I will be bald.
- Plucking those hairs from my ears and nose is easier than finding them.
- When I was 19, I knew everything; there was no need to ask. By the time I was 30, there was more to know. But by the time I was 40, my kid knew everything and corrected all my mistakes. I am pushing 50 now, and I know I have much more to learn.
- Every day is a struggle, yet I wake up each morning thankful to be alive and given another day to get it right.
- I am blessed to have still all God's blessings: Sight, Sound, Touch, Taste, and Smell.
- I am thankful that I have met and had many people in my life.
- Other people's pets have taught me more about God's love than 1,000 sermons!
If I wait to post for the rest of the year, thanks for reading (and enjoying or suffering) my thoughts this year. In the meantime, here’s something to think about:
“People get all riled up about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they should really be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas.”
“Wage war on your vices; be at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better person.”
Comments from my original blog - I merged the blogs.





No comments:
Post a Comment