Over the Thanksgiving weekend, I had a fulfilling time with my son, who arrived on Wednesday evening. Despite working nine hours on Thanksgiving Day and an additional 34 hours from Friday through Sunday, I cherished the opportunity to spend quality time with him.
We secured tickets for the Gopher/Iowa game through a friend and attended the event. Despite the chilly weather, the experience was enjoyable. Additionally, my son had the chance to spend time with his extended family, including his aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, and grandparents.
For those unfamiliar with him, my son is currently pursuing his studies at the Colorado School of Mines in Golden, Colorado. Returning home allows him to catch up on sleep. At the age of 21, he possesses remarkable qualities and has demonstrated exceptional athleticism. Notably, he has twice assisted me in running Grandma’s, although he occasionally outpaced me. Furthermore, he continues to excel in tennis, as evidenced by his performance on the club tennis page.
Here is a brief biography of the individual:
On Thanksgiving Day in 1994, an event would profoundly alter his life and the lives of those around him. We were visiting my father’s farm, where he had undergone a right-hand amputation. He is incredibly fortunate to have survived this ordeal. Remarkably, he has never succumbed to grief and has achieved great success due to his unwavering positive attitude. Of course, attitude plays a pivotal role in one’s life. For further evidence, I recommend visiting the website: http://www.attitudeisaltitude.com/.
However, he acquired his current attitude and sense of balance from his grandfather, his mother, Neal Halberg, Tommy Valentini, Steve Wilkenson, and many others. Parents cannot raise a child to success alone; they rely on the support of others. Numerous individuals contributed to his transformation into the accomplished man he is today.
Despite the recent events, I found solace in spending time with loved ones this weekend. While I have experienced fewer tears in the years since the accident, the loss of cherished ones this year has been particularly poignant. It is remarkable how some individuals remain sheltered from the hardships of life.
For instance, Shelley has never experienced the loss of a human loved one. Despite facing significant challenges with two of her three beloved pets, she has managed to cope with their passing.
This weekend was both challenging and joyful, as I welcomed my son home. Listening to familiar songs on the radio brought back memories, and I found myself shedding tears when Dana’s favorite songs played. I admit that my reaction may have been perceived as unusual at the stoplight.
As many of you are aware, Dana had a profound impact on my life, and her untimely passing has left a lasting void.
Recently, I have been deeply affected by several tragic events. Firstly, a close friend committed suicide, followed by the loss of two others in a car accident. Later, in the late 1980s, my nephew drowned in a shallow body of water. These losses have had a profound impact on me this weekend.
Despite the immense pain and sorrow these events have caused, expressing my emotions through a good cry can provide temporary relief. The positive feeling that arises from a heartfelt cry often helps to alleviate the emotional burden. However, the loss of a great friend remains a challenging experience. I acknowledge that there have been many significant losses in my life, and there will undoubtedly be more in the future. Nevertheless, I strive to remember the most cherished moments with these friends, which often bring a sense of comfort and joy.
In 1988, I had a close friend who grew apart from me. This separation was challenging to accept, but when I see them thriving and happy, it brings a sense of fulfillment. Life presents us with various challenges, but as a resilient individual, I refuse to let them overwhelm me. I seize each opportunity and strive to make the most of it, just as a skilled catcher catches a ball and returns it for another pitch.
Today, I engaged in a conversation with an individual who inquired about the frequency of my laughter. In response, I expressed that I laugh daily because I can do so. Laughter has been recognized for its positive impact on one’s health. It is believed that laughing heartily for ten minutes can be equivalent to ten minutes of moderate jogging.
Reflecting on my day, which involved several emotional moments, I contemplated the potential benefits of crying. While it is true that we all experience moments of tears, it is worth considering the significance of crying. For those who claim to have never cried, I assert that their lives lack a certain depth and fulfillment.
The act of crying has a profound effect on me, prompting me to prioritize my physical well-being. This emotional release will likely motivate me to attend the gym more frequently. As I conclude this post, I am filled with a sense of anticipation, knowing that my son’s departure tomorrow will be met with a brighter outlook for many reasons. His return to school after a brief absence will undoubtedly be a positive experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment