Saturday, September 18, 2010

Should be an update

During my fulfilling volunteer experience at ST 100, I have encountered an overwhelming workload that necessitates my immediate attention. Consequently, I have prioritized relaxation after a demanding workday by watching “The Notebook.” This film served as a cathartic release after a challenging meeting, allowing me to process my emotions and embrace the unpredictability of life.


The film’s exploration of various emotions prompted me to reflect on the importance of maintaining faith and resilience in the face of adversity. It reminded me that seeking explanations for unexpected events or succumbing to self-doubt are counterproductive. Instead, I should focus on moving forward with determination.


This experience also brought to mind the challenges faced by a fellow blogger who candidly discusses her struggles with a significant life change. Despite the distance between us, her blog has provided me with invaluable support and encouragement. Her family’s unwavering love and support serve as a testament to their strength and resilience.


The blogger possesses the necessary tools to overcome her obstacles and achieve her goal of participating in the NYC Marathon. With perseverance and dedication, she is well on her way to success.


But you know, the Notebook and my fellow blogger got me thinking… Will my heart ever be able to let someone get so close that they can truly live for the moment with me, or support me through a tough time? Opening up always means there’s a chance of getting hurt. It’s like how I feel about my DNFs at the ST 100—I wonder if I’m not motivated enough to train to avoid feeling so bummed out after a DNF. It might seem like a strange connection, but in my head, I’m just wondering…


But just like a 100-mile race, we have to keep our hearts in it, or we’re going to fail. In The Notebook, the man dies doing what he loves (which is a huge part of his life), and he’s keeping the love of his life. May we all find love and never let it go. Even if it’s just one mile at a time, the end is so worth it.


At least, that is what I have read from the pals, now proud owners of the elusive red jacket!


Carry on my friends, and never look back without a smile.


Comments from my original blog - I merged the blogs.


Beth
Thanks so much for thinking of me and all of your encouraging thoughts. I think running is a great allegory for life. We all fear rejection or failure and come up with devices to cushion the blow. One of my favorite quotes is, "If you never fail, you aren't trying hard enough." I try to remember that and take a risk. Then, I will not punish myself if I fail and instead pat myself on the back for bravery. You've had so much courage in many aspects of your life and inspired me and others. Thanks for all of your support. It means so much to me.  Saturday, September 18, 2010 at 9:42:13 PM CDT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer vanishes

The summer vanished in a blur of relentless caregiving for Shelley and constantly entertaining the grandkids. Shelley hosts what is called C...