Thursday, August 26, 2010

Superior 100, I am on my way

Colorado Sunset

I’m not running but helping a runner and having fun with Shelley. It’s been a while since we’ve had a getaway, so I’ll monitor my time at stations and with friends.


I’ll leave town at 6 AM Friday and stop at aid stations. I’ll have my camera, so runners can stop before the station to comb their hair and put on makeup (kidding). I’m also looking to do a late-night leg with a runner or help a friend who needs a push. That depends on how my next two weeks go.


After discontinuing the use of Levequin for over a week, I have noticed a significant improvement in my condition. Unfortunately, I experienced a minor infestation of dust mites and fleas. My son and I awoke each night with mosquito-like bites (ranging from three to five per night), which proved to be a considerable inconvenience.


To address the infestation, I administered a topical insecticide after thoroughly cleaning our home. Subsequently, I performed another thorough cleaning. While the situation was initially challenging, it has since been resolved.


Over a week ago, I returned to Colorado with my son. The trip was enjoyable, and we witnessed an exceptional sunset. Additionally, we embarked on a four-mile hike in a location known as Mayhem Gulch. This trail would have been an ideal choice for running. Although I did not utilize a Garmin device, the trail presented a series of upward and downward inclines, creating a distinctive zigzag pattern visible on the mountain’s side.


In summary, this serves as an update on my recent experiences. Apart from being occupied and maintaining my well-being, there have been no significant developments.


A friendly reminder that my buddy Carl has taken a break from his blog. I used to write about “WHY BLOG” a while back, wondering why so many people do it. Then it hit me: it’s all about staying connected and sharing our highs and lows. It’s just a place to share our thoughts and dreams. I understand Carl’s decision entirely, but I wish he’d given it more thought. A once-a-month post is pretty easy, and honestly, it’s the only way I can stay in touch if I can’t run. Facebook is great for getting info, but it’s all over the place and so fragmented. The blog creates a local space for all the wins and possible DNFs for one person, in one place, in order. I love reading blogs from people I don’t know, but I can really feel their successes and failures and empathize with them. So, Carl, please reconsider! And Wayne, I’m a massive fan of Blogetter!!! 


Although I do not actively participate in discussions, I remain informed about the ongoing activities and read the posts made by others. I extend my gratitude to all contributors, including Beth, Denise, Steve (both), Don, Mike, Helen, Kel, Lisa, and many others.


I have captured a satisfactory digital photograph of you enjoying the 100 or 50 event. If not, I encourage you to have a pleasant day and maintain a positive outlook.



Comments from my original blog - I merged the blogs.


SteveQ
There is a general blah feeling out there in blogging and running - maybe it's just the weather or a sign of the times. I'm thinking of going up to Superior and find someone who needs a pacer for the section of the course I still need to do (Sawbill to Carlton Peak) during early daylight hours; I've checked - that's 32-36 hour finish time. Friday, August 27, 2010 at 10:15:22 AM CDT
Mike W.
Great sunset, I agree with your thoughts, I read everyones blog but don't often post, I will miss Carl's, see you at Superior.  Friday, August 27, 2010 at 9:38:36 PM CDT
SteveQ
Ummm, I meant Sugarloaf, not Sawbill.  Saturday, August 28, 2010 at 11:33:18 AM CDT
Beth
Londell, thanks for the encouraging words on my blog and for thinking of me. I hope you had a great time at Superior and can't wait to read about it. I've got a mouse in my basement and I will have some time at home to handle my pest issue, too. Take care and thanks again.  Wednesday, September 15, 2010 at 9:54:48 PM CDT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...