There have been four reasons for the decrease in blog activity over the past year.
- With two surgeries and recoveries, I have gained weight and just feel like crap. I have officially made the 50-pound point. That means I gained 50 of the 94 I lost in 2006.
- I need only a little physical activity to get me back on track.
- The job that supports my habits has been exhausting. Although we haven't faced a layoff like many, we’re down about a third of our staff, and things are starting to pick up. I’ve been working 55-60 hour weeks, and my son and girlfriend keep yelling at me for not writing down the overtime. I get my job done, but I should write it down so the higher-ups see we need more staff. I also officiate tennis on weekends, but I’ve taken a few off and feel less exhausted.
- I’ve accepted the nomination for USTA Northern Board and Sectional Chair of Officials. It starts with a low salary, but they add a zero every year. Like volunteering for races, it has built-in satisfaction.
In light of this, I want to share the Superior 100 volunteer time that has inspired me. The Surph the Murph is scheduled for a few weeks, and I anticipate receiving further inspiration as I aim to establish an aid station this year. I am hopeful for favorable weather conditions similar to last year, which would provide a comfortable and cool environment for the runners. Additionally, I will have the opportunity to spend 10 hours at a campfire while supporting my friends.
If you want inspiration, see the link for this YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SbXgQqbOoU. 2024 follow-up: Ben Davis gains all his weight back and more. He is over 400 pounds. I feel for him as I have never been able to sustain lower weights unless I worked out hours each day!
I lost 3 pounds last week with good workouts. My right Plantar Fascia is still painful, so I may get a cortisone shot. I hate it, but it’s been all year! I biked 102 miles over the weekend! I love the cool morning rides. I may go the whole month without filling the car!
This is the peak of the season, just in time for the inevitable decline. May I join you on the trails soon? Please contact me if you are currently off the trails and wish to begin. As an overweight individual, I am slow and could benefit from the support. It is an enjoyable activity!
No comments:
Post a Comment