Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I hate it!

The economy is tough, and I hate to complain about street maintenance, but this year, the roads are rougher to bike on than they were last year. I’ve experimented with different commuting ways, especially at night, since the main roads I ride on are worn out. I’ve never broken a spoke twice in 6 weeks, but only discovered it because my tire was slightly out of balance. This is from ordinary riding, not hitting potholes or curbs.


The rides are less enjoyable, and I’ve completed several 20-plus-mile rides in the past few weeks. I don’t enjoy them as much as I’d like. It’s like trail running: keep your head down and avoid the holes and imperfections on the road.


A coworker who drives from Minneapolis recently had her shocks and struts worn out in under 50,000 miles due to poor road conditions. We’ll pay the price either way.


Enough complaining, but it really ticked me off yesterday! I plan on some good rides and runs this week. I leave for Kalamazoo next week and then head to Colorado. I’ll have a weekend at home on August 27, but I’d like to have a few 6-mile runs then.


I hope all is well and that everyone enjoyed the great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer vanishes

The summer vanished in a blur of relentless caregiving for Shelley and constantly entertaining the grandkids. Shelley hosts what is called C...