Saturday, July 31, 2010

Crying again

I’ve battled this infection for years, trying to pinpoint its onset. While Levaquin has side effects, my clarity is unlike anything I've experienced in recent memory.


Today, I made homemade burritos. I use a vacuum (Food Saver) to freeze them. I use whole foods like beans, tomatoes, rice, green chili, organic cheese, avocado, shredded zucchini, and onion in spinach tortillas. For the first time in years, I found myself crying while cutting an onion. It’s a switch. I can’t recall the last time an onion made me cry. The infection must be improving.


I’m taking another seven days of medicine. I leave for Kalamazoo for tennis on Thursday and return on Sunday. It should be fun.


I hope to get clearance to work out again by mid-August. Is it just in time for it to be colder?


That is about all. I will cut another onion... What a welcome feeling!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer vanishes

The summer vanished in a blur of relentless caregiving for Shelley and constantly entertaining the grandkids. Shelley hosts what is called C...