This week, our hometown team, O’Neal and Sunshine Hampton, returned to the Biggest Loser Ranch. They achieved remarkable results, losing a combined 76 pounds in four weeks at home, averaging approximately 9.5 pounds per week. This surpasses the weight loss achieved by Cherita and Victoria, who lost 63 pounds each, over the same period. O’Neal’s weekly weight loss was just under 13 pounds.
What particularly impressed me was the eloquence of Cherita in her words of defeat and the conciliatory words of O’Neal, who did not lose weight. Their actions demonstrated remarkable human qualities.
While some of the participants on this year’s show have not been as well-received, O’Neal and Sunshine Hampton’s words of encouragement and support have been a refreshing contrast. Their words of wisdom and perseverance have left a lasting impression on me.
In the coming weeks, I anticipate seeing and hearing from O’Neal and Sunshine, who have already shown signs of adjustment to the ranch environment. Their journey serves as an inspiration, reminding us that small steps and unwavering determination are essential for achieving success.
I have been progressing steadily, albeit not at the extraordinary pace of O’Neal, yet I am content with my current trajectory. While I have refrained from weighing myself for the past three weeks, I have maintained a consistent daily routine of cycling and using the elliptical. For January, I have averaged 75 minutes of exercise each day. Additionally, I engage in strength training three days a week.
My plantar fascia pain is intermittent, and my knee condition remains satisfactory.
Although I have been occupied with work and tennis commitments over the past month, I have managed to complete the re-certification classes last weekend. I am pleased to report that I successfully passed all the tests.
As we enter February, I extend my best wishes to everyone and look forward to the arrival of spring. For those seeking entertainment on Valentine’s Day, Cabooze hosts its annual Battle of the Jug Bands at 12:30 PM. This esteemed event, which is widely regarded as the oldest jug band gathering in the known universe, features a diverse lineup of bands, including Como Avenue Jug Band, Malcolm Tent and Heptic Discharge, Mississippi Underertow, Sasquatch Wristwatch, New Improved Jook Savages, Bernie King and the Guilty Pleasures, Good Samaritans, Goat Hearts, Fisher Coulee Ramblers, The Hump Night Thumpers, Mad City Jug Band, Boo Bradley, Feral Dogs, Lee “Colorblind” Johnson, Try This At Home Jug Band, Woodshop, MN 17, Strictly Jug Nuts, Mommy and the Bollocky Boys, West Bank Temperance League, and the Roe Family Singers.
Although this year will be a somber occasion due to the passing of Cam Waters just before Christmas, his brief but remarkable presence on the Minnesota music scene will undoubtedly enhance the event. I am confident that he will be watching over us, making this year’s celebration truly unforgettable.
The Cabooze is hosting a delightful event that promises to be a memorable experience for all ages. Participants are welcome to join a 20-mile run before gathering at the Cabooze. The event will feature a potluck, and children are encouraged to participate.
During my first visit in 2006, I had the pleasure of joining Dana on an 8-mile run. Despite her initial reluctance, she persuaded me to attend, and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Notably, I had never encountered a live jug band before that day, or at least not to my recollection.
One particularly memorable moment occurred when I discovered an old favorite food of my grandfather, pickled pig's feet, at the potluck. It is remarkable how the act of eating can evoke such vivid memories. As I reflect on this event, I am reminded of the profound impact that my grandfather, Bill, had on my life. He was a beloved figure who extended kindness and care to everyone he encountered. His remarkable intellect and sharp wit remained until the very end, even as he approached his 100th birthday.
Meanwhile, the Arrowhead 135 race is underway, and I am delighted to inform you that several friends are en route to Texas for the event. The season is set to commence, and I eagerly anticipate the exciting developments that lie ahead.
Carry on my friends, Carry on...
Comments from my original blog - I merged the blogs.
No comments:
Post a Comment