I really liked the Jefferson's: the show and the theme song. Recall.
Well, we're movin' on up,
To the east side.
To a deluxe apartment in the sky.
Movin' on up,
To the east side.
We finally got a piece of the pie.
Fish don't fry in the kitchen;
Beans don't burn on the grill.
Took a whole lotta tryin',
Just to get up that hill.
Now we're up in the big leagues,
Gettin' our turn at bat.
As long as we live, it's you and me, baby,
There ain't nothin wrong with that.
This theme song has been my go-to since I started climbing hills, and now it’s my go-to for treadmill workouts at 15% inclines. It may sound unusual, but it has an incredible ability to lift my spirits. Given his exceptional lyrical prowess, I’d be thrilled if Carl could compose new lyrics for a Superior Trail theme song.
Over the past few weeks, I’ve made it a habit to walk on the treadmill’s 15% incline for at least a mile or 20-30 minutes, gradually increasing my pace. Recently, I achieved a remarkable feat of 1.75 miles in just 30 minutes, despite the exertion and shortness of breath. This workout is incredibly effective if you can keep control of the treadmill. My knee occasionally feels stiff, but I know that’s normal, and my condition is improving.
On the first day, attempting the 15% incline proved to be a daunting challenge, taking me 23 minutes to complete a mile. However, today, I experienced a remarkable improvement in my endurance, feeling confident enough to complete an hour of the workout. I plan to experiment with this duration next week.
While I find Adam’s animal workouts unappealing, I must admit that they are overall effective. Through these workouts, I’ve gained a deeper understanding of Diane’s training regimen, which primarily involved treadmill workouts followed by a 100-mile walk to complete the race. I vividly recall her alternating between miles 30 and 35, using her incredible walking strength to overtake me on the uphill sections. In contrast, I countered her advantage by overcoming her on the downhill sections due to my heavier weight, which made it challenging to maintain my momentum.
Recently, I’ve noticed a growing enthusiasm among people for the Surf the Murph event. I eagerly anticipate witnessing their accomplishment of completing the 50-mile run. Volunteering for this event would undoubtedly be an enriching experience.
Regrettably, I have received notification that my tennis event scheduled for the weekend preceding the UMTR event has been canceled. However, this development has presented an opportunity for me to attend the Surf the Murph event. While my experience at the event last year was positive, I eagerly anticipate repeating it. I sincerely hope that many individuals plan to attend the event, including Kurt and Carrie. It would be delightful to hear about Carrie’s progress, as she successfully completed the event.
In the meantime, due to my inability to engage in regular exercise and maintain my weight loss progress, I have committed to two weeks of consistent workouts. As a result, I have shed five pounds and am now on the verge of achieving my weight loss goal. I am hopeful that this progress will lead me to the North Side (Superior Trail).
Carry on my friends, carry on!
Comments from my original blog - I merged the blogs.
No comments:
Post a Comment