I was hanging out with an old college buddy, and I showed her some pics and told her about my running escapades. There was a picture of Al Holtz in there, and I mentioned his name and said he had completed a 150-mile race. I thought he was some kind of running legend, but she had a different idea. She said, “You mean Al Holtz, the author of the strippers’ guide?” I was taken aback. Turns out, there’s this guy named Alan Holtz from Florida who runs a blog called “The Stripper’s Guide.” It’s like a comic strip history thing!
I couldn’t believe it. This was way different from the Al Holtz I knew. But then I thought, “Hmm, I could see Al posting this blog. Or maybe I don’t know Al that well.” I actually think Steve Quick might be more likely to do it.
Hey there! So, when you read the blog’s name and saw the topic, what did you think? It’s a clever play on words, isn’t it?
On a different note, my weight has been on the rise (262 pounds), and I’ve been hitting the stationary bike more this week. I think I managed to cover around 25 miles? I also had an MRI on my shoulder. It’s been five weeks now, and the pain is still pretty intense at times. I’m determined to keep pushing through though. The good news is that I’ve maxed out my deductibles, so I guess I don’t have to worry about medical expenses anymore. But I’m still being cautious. Not being concerned about costs only ends up increasing my premiums.
I’m jetting off to Colorado tomorrow for a few days. I’m helping my son settle into his new apartment, which is about a mile from campus. I wish you all the best in the upcoming races. I heard Wayne has Pikes Peak this weekend and several next weekends in Deadwood. I might just have to go. Deadwood sounds like it’s going to be a tough one!
No comments:
Post a Comment