I had an amazing weekend! I couldn’t go for a bike ride, but I did manage to get some steps in. Swimming (well, I was moving around in the pool, but it was still fun!) was a nice break. I needed to get out of the house, so I decided to visit the Minneapolis Farmers Market. I heard it’s a tough time to find parking, but I didn’t have any trouble at all. There was plenty of space for my car, and people were really considerate, leaving enough room for me, but not for most other cars.
The metro farmers’ markets have been growing in popularity, but this is still my favorite one. I bought a bunch of fresh veggies and I’m looking forward to finding creative ways to cook them or mixing them cold into a delicious salad.
My son returned from Germany late Tuesday night. I took Wednesday off from work and we had a great time catching up and doing all the things we had been putting off. He was a bit tired from the flight, but I’m still icing his shoulder and knee.
His trip back was a total surprise! The flight was packed, so they bumped him up to first class. He was over the moon! It was an 8-hour flight, but he had a recliner, his own TV, and even a power outlet for his laptop. He was living the dream! Could it be the last time?
He’ll be here for 12 days, and then we’ll pack up and head to Colorado. That’s where he’ll start his school grind again. He’s grown up so much, he’s not even a kid anymore. I’m so proud of him. As a parent, you could never ask for a better gift than your child’s happiness and success.
I did manage to get on the exercise bike a couple of times this week. On the easiest setting, I managed to cover 3 miles in 20 minutes on Monday and 5 miles in 29 minutes today. My knee hurt a bit each time, but it was nice to get some exercise. So, depending on the weather, I might try to ride my real bike this weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment